Friday, February 19, 2010

The Devil Within

The Devil Within


I never hurt you
Never came in your way..
And yet you decided that I
Shall bleed with all those that you slay
For your own selfish reasons
You're out for vengeance
For the devil inside you
Shall the world have to pay?

Innocence and love is lost from the world,
Rusted with centuries of glorified hate
Of community for community,religion for religion
On which has grown your devilish gait.
Epitome of the world's end, you are
Born of the abbhorrence of man for man..
Feeding on cold penury
You have the blood of strife on your hands.

As hearts go numb,
And tears go dry...
As the world turns to fire
Around me as I die..
As my breath gets shorter
I ask you this,
How many more must you kill
Before your hate turns to bliss?

My eyelids are growing heavy..
I shall soon unite with history
You shall stand on a bed of graves
And claim a meaningless victory.
Blood has flowed for aeons now,
As you pricked at every vein..
But someday the devil shall be exorcised
And the world shall forget its ghastly pains.

9 comments:

  1. awesome writing. very matured- hard to believe it has been penned down by a sweet heart like nilu. keep it up. and delight us with more such pieces. yo nilu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anindita: Thanks...I'll try to keep it up,..

    ReplyDelete
  3. love u dear..never thought my sweet little frnd had feelings so deeeep!!....keep writing dear..hoping to hear a lot more from u....keep smiling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was very nicely written..the ideas were simple, but the way you put them up was great..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @rohan : thanks..sometimes simple things too make a large difference

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, that was a wonderful poem. Seriously. :o
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. get it published somewhere...amazing account of d world we see, in few lines...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @pravin : thank u :)
    @kunal : yaar..i've been looking for online contests..but they all want stuff like 15 line poems or 15 word verses! Better I just keep writing till I hit like 20 odd poems and then ask a publisher to publish..Aint it?

    ReplyDelete