Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dreams And Schemes

With all my life, I have tried to decipher what love meant to me. In vain did I try... I've looked into episodes of life and all I have found is that love is very ambiguous...Like a fluid..Its something that makes people do seemingly impossible things..The world has not gone up in flames because we love, we care... But often there are exquisite moments in life that one cherishes more than a relationship...What happens when in your darkest hours, someone holds your hand and you feel like you could live through your life holding that hand and suddenly its all gone and you are alone again?



Dreams and Schemes



Its a dark dank afternoon
I'm sitting with my chai..
A lonesome raindrop trickles down
The window pane and I..
I'm dreaming up impossible dreams
that end with a regretful sigh..
You were there to see my heart bleed
Witness to the pains I've borne..
Dreams and schemes did I conjure
For times when the storms had gone..
The rope that pulled me from drowning waters
You had held, till it tore..
I long to scream to you-
Look at me now..I'm ashore..
A thousand and one words have I to say
to you for making me believe
That the world would be kind to me
if only I would leave
The portals of my walled world
And learn to embrace
The ways of the world beyond
With a smiling face...
My eyes look for you
Amongst the milling crowd,
An untraceable reassurance
that I have begun to doubt,
Where you an angel sent forth to me?
To help me learn to live
Only to fly away so far
When fantasies I had begun to weave..
A hard fall to the ground below
From the breeze you led me through
A pain somewhere deep in the heart
is all that's left with this blow
There now, the world's just spurned me again..
All that you said was a lie
Dreams and schemes did I conjure
All to end in a regretful sigh..












3 comments:

  1. u r a wonderful poet my sweetheart...keep writing...but try not to have so much of 'EVANESCENCE' in ur poems.....be cheerful darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it... But the Poem is a good one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. its not EVANESCENCE! its a sweet sober poem! :

    ReplyDelete